So one of the goals I have for myself this year is to change my lifestyle to be healthier. Swetank, one of my readers and a fellow blogger had a great list to help me get started. It’s now pinned to my inspiration wall. I will soon have this section of my place filled with inspirational pics, quotes, my story ideas, and I will also stick my Believe In A Dream files here as well as my Erin Condren planner to stay organized. Should be fun to see everyday and help keep me motivated!
Pretty excited to get back in shape! Yes, it’s to lose weight, but not for vanity reasons. Well maybe a little…mostly it’s because I found out I’m pre-diabetic. I already have PCOS, which affects weight, hormones, as well as higher risk for heart disease. Pretty scary, but certainly the wake up call I needed.
So…here’s what I’m doing to get healthier so I can keep rocking at life!
1. Change what I eat: Eating more veggies, fruits, and little to no bread.
2. Drinking more water and staying away from soda (my addiction.)
3. Rock Climbing at a place called Inspire Rock. Perfect for me, right?? 😉
5. Walking: Didn’t buy a parking spot on campus. I park at a church and walk to campus (about a ten minute walk to my first class), walk all over campus.
Also walking for Charity Miles, which donates money to a charity of my choice based on how many miles I accomplish that day. I highly recommend you try it out: Click Here.
6. Biking. I have a cruiser bike, but still good for exercise.
7. Dancing around my room, like Dandy in the picture above. My favorite exercise and a really great workout if you’re cleaning as well. Ha ha! Shake it!
So many things that will help me get back on track and perhaps some of you are going through the same thing or have been thinking about it. Feel free to offer suggestions on anything I could try, tell me what you do to stay healthy, and I REALLY need some recipes that are low fat and still taste good. Let me hear from you and wish me luck! 😉