Now that I have a break from school and jobs, I can fully enjoy the Christmas scene. I have been going all out!
1. Set up the tree and outside lights. Done!
2. Picked-up my friend Zuri so we can go to Bethlehem City ( A Drive-thru Nativity recreation) equipped with hot chocolate, candy canes, and lots and lots of laughs from inside jokes. Then checked out gorgeous Christmas lights in various neighborhoods. (only time where driving slowly outside someone’s house is appropriate)
3. Attended a Christmas party at my friend Caryn’s house (her dad is also in charge of my writing group). We recorded a radio melodrama, so much fun and hilarious! BTW that last pic…that’s my twelve days of Christmas right there. Thanks Caryn!! That girl also gave me a cute coffee mug with a K on it and a gift card to Starbucks. Coffee and Chocolate, she knows me so well!
8 oz of white chocolate
1-1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pretzels (broken)
1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
Put chocolate in bowl then microwave for one minute and stir (adding on 10-20 seconds till fully melted)
Then add in pretzels and walnuts till completely mixed in.
Line tray with wax paper and I did half a teaspoon scoops so I could get more. (made 36 servings)
Cool in refrigerator till hard (usually 1 hour) and enjoy the sweet and salty treat!
5. Went to see The Nutcracker at the Houston Ballet with my friend Kelli. My favorite ballet and they were wonderful!! Also picked up some cute goodies at the Nutcracker market (I couldn’t resist ;)) Also we had a meal before the show and had a “Super” server at The Hard Rock Cafe.
6. Watching Christmas movies: Elf, White Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life, Polar Express, Muppet Christmas Carol, etc…
7. And last but not least…reflection before the new year. Thinking over all I’ve learned this year and how I’ve grown. It wasn’t the easiest year, but I made it through, and gained new experiences that will help me in the future.
I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or Chanukah, Kwanza, or just a lovely holiday!!!